Monday, May 14, 2012

Before the Monday Tried and True: Results

Before I get to the Tried and True post, which will be posted later today, I thought I'd quit with the suspense and tell you who the winner of my little contest was last Friday. First, the answers:

1. Abraxas-Fitzwilliam 
Sources: Harry Potter (Abraxas Malfoy I know, I know, the bad guy's grandpa. What was I thinkinking) and Pride and Prejudice (Fitzwilliam Darcy)
2. Shawn Spencer 
Source: Psych. Main character's first and last name. Me and Bret both love this show.
3. William Peregrine 

(a tricky one) Source: Lord of the Rings. Same guy. Billy Boyd (given name, William) played Peregrine Took.
4. Benedict Sherlock 

Source: the BBC Sherlock Holmes. Played by Benedict Cumberbatch. Similar name to  #3.
5. Gaius Uther

Two of you nailed this one. Source: Adventures of Merlin, BBC show. Gaius is court physician, Uther Pendragon is the king.
6. John Ronald Reuel 

Source: J.R.R. Tolkien's full name. Author of Lord of the Rings
7. Jeremy Clark 

Another VERY tricky one. Nobody got this. Source: Top Gear (British version. Bret's favorite show.) Host is Jeremy Clarkson.
8. Durham York 

Source: two cities in northern England.
9. Dresden Autobon

Source: Germany. Where Bret served his mission. A city and a highway.
10. Phillip Mickelson

Source: Professional golfer Phil Mickelson. Bret's favorite golfer. (Phil is also an ASU alumnus.)


Winner: Jamie from What I Did Today!
Darci, you came close. Good job everyone! These were not easy. Some of your answers were very good guesses just not the specific names I was thinking of. 


So what's our baby's name, Jamie? (Pretend we're really going to let you name him. Just for kicks.)

2 comments:

Darci Cole said...

Awww man! Oh well. If I'd been more sneaky I could've beat her ;-)

Those are all awesome names though. Good luck choosing something for your little guy!

Jennie said...

I love it! I can't believe I missed the 'Name that kid' game! I especially liked names 1, 2, and 10. I am a fan of all of those!