Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thank you doesn't cut it

Over the last few days, I've had too much time to think. Too much time to think can either be detrimental or beneficial. .
I think for me, it's been a little of both.
A few things that have come across my mind that I think I'd like to remember:


Your trials are not their trials.
I think about this every time I see someone else's life and wonder why.


Have faith in the outcome you want; and in the outcome you need.
Sometimes they aren't the same thing.  Sometimes they are. But with faith, you can rest assured that the outcome will, in the end, bring you the greatest joy.


Let the people who love you take care of you. 
You can't do it all. Guilt gets you nowhere. Let go of the things that aren't important, embrace and love the things (or people) that are, and accept help when it is offered.


 Gratitude is everything.
Be grateful for every single day, every single moment. Every prayer, every person, every little scrap of beauty that strengthens you, and every bit of pain that softens your heart. Even when you think you have nothing, you can still have gratitude. And it will carry you through. 


There is no such thing as a coincedence.
Coincedences are nothing more or less than tender mercies of the Lord... or what I like to call "anonymous miracles." They are His little way of reminding us that He is always there and He's in charge.
 
I also wanted to thank all of you, those who know me personally and those who don't, for your faith and prayers. You are amazing, every single one of you. I can feel of your love and am humbled by your sweet comments.
I have an amniocentesis scheduled for Friday. My prayer, with all the energy of my soul, is that we will hear good news. 


Please accept my heartfelt gratitude and my humble request that your faith and prayers remain with us. 
Thank you. SO much.

7 comments:

Saimi said...

Love this post!! I'll be thinking of you on Friday!!

Unknown said...

love this post because it's all true :). You and your family have my prayers, dear Ames :).

Marilyn said...

Brilliant Amy! You just gave yourself the best advice I could have given you. ♥♥♥♥

Granny J said...

Very nice! May you hear good news on Friday.

Tina said...

I am amazed by your faith. Stay close to your Heavenly Father and you will see things work themselves out. I am so sorry for what you are going through and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I had the relationship with my mom that you have. Hold onto that gift.
May God bless you. Good luck.

tina @ www.thecountryheart.blogspot.com

Rhonda said...

My baby didn't have the same problem as yours but was unhealthy for many years until our miracle finally came. I wish I had been smart enough to give myself that great advice way back when, maybe the struggle would have been handled a smidge easier. Anyway, my family is praying for you that you get your good news on Friday.

All my best,
~Rhonda

What I Did Today said...

This is beautiful. I'd like to link to it on my blog. Such a wonderful, uplifting message that could help lots of other people. You're amazing!