1. Don't go to Disneyland on any day not starting with T or W.
Trust me on this. I don't care if it's off season, raining, snowing, or Christmas Day. Just don't do it.
2. Don't stay in a hotel near Disneyland unless it's labeled "within walking distance of Disneyland." Half a mile away doesn't mean "within walking distance." It means half a mile away. And if you don't use the ahem, FREE bus ride, you will get a blister on the ball of your left foot.
3. Bring band-aids for when you get a blister on the ball of your left foot.
4. PACE YOURSELF!!!!!! Take breaks. Lots of them. Force them if you have to. Princess Aurora can wait. Space Mountain isn't going anywhere. The Dumbos on the Dumbo ride in Fantasy land are not going to fly away if you don't get in line right now.
5. The magical little "early entrance" they tell you about is Disneyland's way of staggering the onslaught of guests arriving at the park. It's not your own precious little secret. So unless you want to wait in line forever just to get in for your "magic morning", get there an hour even earlier, or come about fifteen minutes late.
6. Breakfast at the Carnation Cafe on Main Street is A.MAZ.ING! Eat there. Do it. Get the Mickey Mouse waffle, it's divine. And a hot chocolate. Double divine.
7. Have a blast. Take lots of pictures. Be silly. Sing along with "Pirate's Life For Me." Pretend you're really going to an ancient temple with Indiana Jones or on a real space flight or to the castle of your favorite princess.