Monday, February 13, 2012

Ethan's Run 2012

Ethan's Run is a benefit to raise money and awareness for Congenital Heart Defects. It is so named for a baby boy named Ethan Skidmore, who lost his battle with a heart defect just like my little Ella did. His family organizes the run each year to help families who are facing the same war.

That's why their children are called "Heart Warriors."
The ones who cheer them on from heaven are our "Heart Angels."

This was the second time we participated in the Run. Last year, two of my sisters ran their first 10k at Ethan's Run. (NOT an easy course! Lots of hills.) This year, one sister, a sister-in-law, and a friend of ours ran the 10k. (Other sister would have too, but she just had a baby :) Next year, right Jess?)

The rest of us did the mile walk/fun run.

"Team Ella" with our Ladybug Shirts.


Chicken fight with the adorable Nephews.


Another nephew with his stinking cute faux-hawk. He called it a "flo-hawk."


Sister Jen (facing us), friend Rachel (to the left), and Sister-in-law Kierstie (to Jen's right, in the blue) getting ready for the 10k


Me, my sister Alyssa, and my dad cheering on the flo-hawked Nephew running the mile.



Niece running her heart out during the fun run!



Me and large, bald older brother Rick during fun run (or in our case, walk). He's awesome.



Sister Alyssa pushing Nephew in the stroller, Rachel's cute daughter, my Niece, and my Mom in the lavender sweater during the fun run/walk.


Jen and Rachel at the finish line for the 10k! (Jen did her first half marathon a week before this and Rachel has done a full. A 10k was cake!)



Kierstie's triumphant arrival at the 10k finish line! 
SO proud of her!!


It was a fun day. Lots of love, lots of smiles, and a feeling of contentment among the bittersweetness of looking back and missing our Ladybug.

Next year, I'm running the 10k for her.

6 comments:

Momza said...

You know you have an awesome family, right?! You really do. Everyone gives 110% and it's inspiring!

Heather said...

I'm running with you next year!!

Jennie said...

What a neat event! And how wonderful to have so many family and friends with you. I think of you often Amy, and pray that you are feeling well and the pregnancy is going wonderfully!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

That is so incredible. All of it.

Alesha said...

Awe that is special. I love the shirts.

What I Did Today said...

Such a wonderful thing for your family and friends to do with you. I love that you were all sporting ladybug shirts for Ella. Gave me goosebumps to see that pic. Definitely an inspiration.