Friday, April 24, 2009

Flair Friday


Welcome to Flair Friday!
I love this piece of Flair because I have the craziest, wonderfulest, most impeccable and probably unhealthy obession with England. I've been there once and fell in love with it! I love the architecture, the landscape, the silly-wordy way in which those Brits talk, and much of the literature that has come from it.
You got Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Chronicles of Narnia, Charles Dickens, Geoffrey Chaucer.... and so many more!!
But that's not all. There are some kind of freaky connections with me and the "motherland"
1. My birthday is on May 6th, which (according to the Gregorian Calendar) is St. George's Day. St. George is the patron saint of England.
2. My husband's name is Bret, which basically means "of Britain" (Nimtolion in Elvish, if you swing that way).
3. Besides having a buncha ancestors from England, one of them is Geoffrey Chaucer, writer of the Canterbury tails. He's something like my great-great-great-great-great-great-great(howevermany) uncle. Right, Mom? I think that's what Grandma said once...
4. There are others, but instead of being coincedence, they're mostly by choice, like the favorite literature thing.
So Happy Flair Friday!
Cheers.
In case you were wondering, in England, "cheers" is sort-of equivalent to "thanks" or "word" or "peace out"
P.S. I can fake a pretty good British accent too. I once had a group of people thinking I was a Brit for about four hours. Hilarity.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I really enjoyed my time in England, too (several days). I wish things were a little cheaper in London, but oh well. You'll have to share your accent at the next family party!