Saturday, April 18, 2009

Simple Joys Saturday

Hello friends, strangers, friendly strangers, and strangely friends. This is my first entry into my new blog. I am your hostess, Lady A.
hmmm.... whenever I hear the word hostess, I think of little chocolate cupcakes with the curly line of white frosting on top.


Some of you may know that I have had other blogs in the past. They have passed on. Do not mourn for them. They have gone to a better place.


This new blog is exactly what my old blogs weren't:
about me.


A few days of the week will have a theme. Like today is "Simple Joys Saturday." My mom told me that someone whose blog she follows has "Flair Friday." I am so going to copy that. for those of you who do not know what flair is, first, holy crap have you missed out and second, take a peek at Facebook or just wait until next Friday.

But I digress.

Since it's Saturday and the first of my entries, I'm going to start with one of my simple joys:

Digging up an old CD with a forgotten mix of songs and realizing that "The Girls of Rock and Roll" from the movie A Chipmunk Adventure (starring Alvin and friends) is on this CD.

Another joy:

Singing "The Girls of Rock and Roll" at the top of my lungs while driving.
.
.
.
And now, until next time, I say farwell. And in the words of the lovely Jane Austen: "Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery. For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors {and ourselves!} and laugh at them in our turn?"

No comments: