Monday, February 20, 2012

Today I post as Hero London

that's my pen name for whenever I become a published author. When that happens, Hero and Amy will be kept separate. Not a Hannah Montana thing. I'm not going to hide out or keep my identity a secret. I just prefer to keep my personal life and my writing life in their own place.
Generally speaking, most people won't know Amy and Hero London are the same person unless they come to a book signing or recognize the picture.
This is to keep me safe should I become ridiculously famous, anonymous if success is small, or discreet if I'm an embarrassing failure.
Win win win.

So, Hero got tagged by writer and friend Darci Cole, along with a few other writers. I thought it was fun, so I wanted to answer the 11 questions she gave me.

1. Fruit or vegetable?  
Fruit.


2. Do you snack while writing? If so, what is your snack of choice?
I try not to. But it depends on what I have on hand. Flavor blasted goldfish or m & m's are my snack of choice.


3. If you could go anywhere to feel inspired, where would you choose to go?
ENGLAND!!!!!


4. What is your favorite animal?
Lion. King of beasts, Aslan, Gryffindor mascot. What's not to love?


5. Have you written a story? What was your first one about?
I have written many ever since I was a kid. The first one I wrote when I decided that I really loved writing and wanted to make a career out of it was a story about a long-lost princess who was returned to her family and fell in love with a stable boy. She then discovered treason in the king's court and saved her beloved from hanging. Gripping, I know.


6. Favorite pizza topping(s)?
Pineapple. Extra pineapple.


7. What's one odd thing you can do that few people know about?
Quote movies from beginning to end. The ones I've done: Ever After, Willow, some of Pirates of the Caribbean (got interrupted and couldn't finish), and I could probably do any Disney movie that's more than ten years old.8. Chocolate or flowers? 
Oh dear. Both?


9. Name one fictional character you wish you'd been the author behind (besides Harry Potter! That's too obvious for some of us...).
Elizabeth Bennett.


10. What does your Christmas stocking look like?
We don't really use them in our family yet (we will once we have kids). At my mom's, my stocking is mostly green and very cute. 


11. What's your least favorite genre to read?
Least favorite? Well, I refuse to read harlequin romance. Not a bodice-ripper kind of gal. 


There you have it! Now you know a little bit more about me.

3 comments:

Alesha said...

I love Q & A's. haha I guess that is the nosy person in me! haha

Leenie said...

This was so fun to read. I especially love the quoting movies from beginning to end as you remind me so much of my husband on that part. The ability to do that? Incredible. I try to quote one line and I already screwed up a word or two.

What I Did Today said...

I have a brother who can quote movies from beginning to end as well. Quite an impressive talent! And the bodice ripper comment made me laugh! With you on that one. :)