Saturday, August 18, 2012

Be Inspired

So, most of you don't really care about my writing posts.
Tough noogies.

I got tagged by my beautiful writer friend, Darci Cole.

So today I'm going to participate in the Be Inspired Bloghop Meme.
Plus I love the picture and need to get my writing mojo flowing.

I get to answer ten questions about my Manuscript. I'm supposed to tag some other people to answer the same questions, but I'm cheating on the second part and not tagging anyone.
Shame on me.

On the other hand, I actually have a couple of Manuscripts in the works, so I should do this for more than one, shouldn't I? Maybe in another post, if it comes from popular demand. ;)

1. What is the name of your book? Fathom

2. Where did the idea for your book come from? Funnily enough, it came from an idea I had to dress up as a mermaid on the beach as a practical joke just to see if there would be any reaction.

3. In what genre would you classify your book? New Adult, Contemporary Fantasy I guess... or do mermaids classify as paranormal?

4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition of your book, who would you choose? Dakota Fanning as Olivia, Armie Hammer as Calder (if he could pull off the Scottish accent). Samantha? No idea.

5. Give us a one sentence synopsis of your book. Olivia and Samantha's summer vacation in San Diego turns out to be a dangerous introduction to some residents of Earth's oceans that aren't supposed to exist.

6. Is your book already published? Nope

7. How long did it take you to write your book? I think about a year fro the first draft, which I started in 2007. So, YES people, I totally pinned the mermaid trend BEFORE it started.

8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? (Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?) People who enjoy paranormal action.

9. Which authors inspired you to write this book? Authors who inspire me are John Ronald, Jo, Jane, and Jacksie. Tolkien, JK Rowling, Jane Austen, and C.S. Lewis. But I love the writing style of Shannon Hale. And oddly, enough, Stephanie Meyer inspired me.... to write a better book. (Twilight fans, I do not want to hear it.)

10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book? This story is not your typical mermaid story. It is nothing like the Disney movie, my main character is not a mer-person, and she does not fall for a mer-person. And no, she doesn't become a mer-person either. Lots of flying bullets and car-chases, and a Scottish Hottie. What more could you ask for?

5 comments:

Darci Cole said...

And I LOVE the Scottish Hottie... :-D

Saimi said...

Hey Hey Missy, I care very much about your writing!!! Great Q&A

Alesha said...

You are cool. Seriously.

Jennie said...

I agree with Alesha... way cool. It sounds awesome, and intriguing.

Morgan said...

Amy, sounds like an awwwwwesome project... loved reading more about you and your writing! I love Steph Meyer and Shannon Hale too :D