Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Resistance is futile? HA!

Last night, I went to a church activity for the women. I made brownies to help with the needed refreshments. The place was swimming in cookies, brownies, and cake.

But I didn't eat a crumb of it! HA! Take THAT, sugar cravings!!

Normally, I'd've inhaled at least one of each kind of dessert. Staying away from the sweets knowing they'll spike my blood sugar is hard, but oh my gosh is it possible and empowering. It's not worth the health of my baby or sabotaging these good habits I've started.

I still crave sweets. All. The. Time. I saw a craisin on the floor once. I wanted it more than anything. (Granted, a single craisin wouldn't do anything, but a single serving has more carbs in it than I'm allowed to eat in one meal).

Ladies, you can do it. You can control this. And if you can't, even after all you can do, it's going to be okay. Trust me, even my doctor didn't think I could maintain healthy blood sugar levels without insulin.

Wanna see what my three-hour test numbers were? Of course you do!

Fasting: 80 (Normal is below 95, so this one was actually good).
Drink melted otter pop juice.
One hour test: 191 (normal is below 140)
Two hour test: 192 (normal is below 120)
Three hour test: 162 (not sure what normal is on this one, but I was over)

NOT good.

But I'm doing it! It IS possible. You can do it too. You will see amazing things happen. You'll feel better, you'll miss cookies, you'll hit and miss, you'll make mistakes, you'll learn, and you'll conquer.

And when it's all over, you'll let yourself have a chocolate shake because pregnancy is hard and childbirth is hard.

Speaking of childbirth...I've got my day scheduled! On March 15th, 2017, my little Miss will be born!

Spare me the Ides of March jokes. It's nerve-wracking enough as it is going under a knife. Caesar would know.

Oh dang. I did it, didn't I?

1 comment:

Saimi said...

You are a ROCK STAR!! Good for you for resisting those cravings, it's hard I know. Having an end result and a motivating reason makes it all worth while!! Congratulations and good luck!!!
Saimi