Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What will you be doing April 29th?

I have lots of obsessions.
One of them is England.
Anything English.
My birthday is on St. George's Day. according to the Gregorian Calendar. St. George is the patron saint of England.
My husband's name literally means "of Britain." 
that was just a cool fluke. I didn't marry him because of what his name means.
I have ancestors from England.
My favorite authors are English.
I call myself the American Brit.
I can do a wicked British Accent.
No joke. I once had some people going for four hours thinking I was British. 
I went to England for eight GLORIOUS days back in 2006.


So on April 29th, 2011




I will be attending a Royal wedding.



Not in person. 
His Highness must have lost my address. Silly.




Will and Kate.
I will be celebrating along with you.
Ever since it came out several years ago that Prince William was dating this darling girl, I was rooting for her. She's classy. She's cute! She's smart. She's normal.
I can't wait for April 29th! I can't wait to see the flowers, the dress, the pomp and ceremony that Will detests...
It's all for me--
The little intrusive American woman who is dying to see the moment they commit themselves to one another.

With all my heart, I hope they make it. 
I wish them every happiness and joy in all that they do.
I wish them a successful, wonderful marriage.

...even though when I was a teenager, I wanted to marry Prince William.


Well, Kate, my friend... since I found my prince, I guess you can have my old one. 
hahaha.

Congratulations to you both, William and Catherine!

6 comments:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Would you hate me forever if I told you I've never found him the least bit attractive? :D

Carrie said...

Okay-- he's actually not that cute to me either. But guess what? I just got an email for ideas for a Royal Wedding party and I came up with all sorts of snazzy stuff. Let me know if you want the low down.

Chess said...

Hahahaha, I KNEW you would say the wedding. I will not be joining you, because as special as the Prince and What's-Her-Face will think April 29th is, it really won't be, cos I was already born and took the day's grandeur. :P

April 29th is my birthday, and I won't spend it watching other people get married. Hahaha! :)

Chess said...

Hahahaha, I KNEW you would say the wedding. I will not be joining you, because as special as the Prince and What's-Her-Face will think April 29th is, it really won't be, cos I was already born and took the day's grandeur. :P

April 29th is my birthday, and I won't spend it watching other people get married. Hahaha! :)

What I Did Today said...

I was always in Harry's camp. Waaaaaay cuter.

brittany said...

Do u live in the valley? We need to ride together if u do. Brittkunz @gmail.com