Monday, March 12, 2012

7

Sooo, I got tagged again.

This one is cute and fun.
You don't have to listen to me talk about myself.
Instead, I get to eat chocolate chips and tell you about some of my writing.

Here's the rules of this go-round:

1. Go to Page 77 of your current manuscript.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy & post the next 7 lines as they're written -- no cheating.
4. Tag 7 other writers.
5. Let them know.
For kicks, there were added two extra rules:
6. Eat 7 chocolate chips.
7. Tell 7 people you love them.




My current works in progress don't have 77 pages yet. I know, for shame.
So I thought I'd give you 2 others: One is the latest of my finished manuscripts, called Fathom, and the other is from the story currently posted on Chapterhouse Lane, called Amaranth


            Fathom

thoughts. 
The image of the victim’s red hair remained fixed in my head. What if it was the same woman? Her last act could have been giving me the sea shell. But why? Why me and why a sea shell? Who was she? Was she a local, as Samantha thought when we saw her on the beach? 
The beach… remembering it gave me a sudden epiphany: if I wanted to find answers to my questions, there was someone I could ask. Someone who knew the woman, or at least had spoken to her. 

and Amaranth
Merek nodded, looking humble and utterly adorable. 
“I don’t get it. Why me? What’s the big deal? You could have gotten my phone number or something.”
“I don’t have a phone.”
“Oh. So why did you want to see me?”
He looked away from me as if he were embarrassed. “I’m afraid now’s not the time for that conversation.” 


Niether of these would make much sense because I went from line 7 to line 14 without cheating. 

Here's where I'm going to break the rules. I'm not going to tag 7 writers. I do know some. Very good ones, in fact. Some have blogs, some do not. Some write only children's stories and therefore do not have 77 pages worth of manuscript. Some are blog writers. Some are published authors and I don't know them personally... only by reputation of their super awesome work. 

So forgive me, but I'm not going to spread this love.
I don't have 7 people to tag who would be able to participate.

But I did eat chocolate chips. More than 7 of them. They were tasty.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

So, you have me intrigued! When I was in 4th grade I wanted to be a writer. I know now that I don't have the attention span, let alone the talent, to write an entire book. I admire your skill! I liked the additional rules you added!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oooohhhh..... That last part has me all curious! Sounds juicy. :D