Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A lovely, unattached night

Before I get to the nice news, I'll update on a little bad news: I've been diagnosed with mild preeclampsia. For those of you who don't know, preeclampsia is pregnancy-induced high-blood pressure. And it can be very dangerous for mommy and baby. Luckily, the case IS mild and I've been doing well since the diagnosis. This just means I have to go on bedrest when I get home and probably get even better acquainted with the doctor's office.

I just hope I get to go to my baby shower. It's this Saturday. My amazing, beautiful, talented, loving, giving, selfless mom, sisters, and MIL have worked hard to put it together. And I bought an outfit specifically for the occasion (ADORABLE necklace and all!). So I hope I can go, even if I have to sit in a recliner the whole time.

Okay, now for the good news:

Got a good nap last night from about 6:30 to 8-8:30. Maybe that's why I didn't sleep great last night after 2 a.m. Or maybe cuz I didn't get some of those lovely ambien pills the hospital gives you.
Meh. Oh well. The really great part was I didn't have any monitors or IV's attached to me!!
Oh how nice it was. Mostly cuz I have to go visit the lady's room every five seconds. You start to take for granted doing such a simple thing; until you have to unplug the monitor, the IV (don't worry, that thing runs on batteries too), then wheel the IV thingy (what do they call them?) into the bathroom with you, all while your bladder is saying  *um, gotta go now*. Then you have to go plug yourself back in and make sure the baby's heart rate is being picked up. Wow. By the time you're done, you almost have to pee again.

So you can see how nice it was to not have anything to unplug or wheel or replug. I could have hugged the nurse that told me the doctor said I could go off the monitors tonight. Both the baby and I had been stable during the majority of yesterday.

I may even get to go home today!!

So you see? Prayer DOES work. Ah... prayer works.
I'm feeling pretty good right now, feeling pretty rested even though I probably ought to go back to bed. (It's 5:35 a.m. right now).
Just ready to go home. :)

I love you all. Thanks so much for all your support.


Unknown said...

Did you really write this at 4:37 this morning? You crack me up!

I HATE being hooked up to the IV. They left mine it all night after my baby was born, at 10 pm.

It is glorious to have that thing off!

Hang in there. You can do this!

Sending prayers and love!

Rie Teemant said...

Awwwww AMY! You are awesome! Enjoy bed rest! Catch up on some reading! I have about 100 pages of a first draft if you need more :) Seriously, though, enjoy the last couple weeks and I hope you get to go to the baby shower too.

Adele said...

We love you, glad you got some sleep and hope you get to come home today!

Larissa said...

Hi Amy! I just wanted you to know we are keeping you in our prayers!! Love ya, Larissa

Saimi said...

Wow! What a dedicated blogger you are! Blogging in the hospital at the wee a hours of the morning even!

Hope all goes well so you can attend your baby shower!!

LHammer said...

Amy, our neck of the woods is praying for you! Hang in there! We love you - Aunty Lou

What I Did Today said...

Ooooh. I HATE preclampsia. I had it with my first and almost with my second. They decided to call it pregnancy induced hypertension with my second. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck is what I say! Good luck with everything! Eat lots of fruits and veggies and good oils! That's what helped me.