Saturday, January 28, 2012

Yep, I'm blogging at 5:00 am

I don't sleep well in the early morning. I just say to heck with it and get up. Course, I pay for it at night when I fall asleep at 7 pm. I missed out on Moneyball last night. I need to rewatch it.

But in my early-early mornings I do get stuff done.
Like today, I'm going to blog.
And make muffins. Delicious ones.
And hopefully a load of laundry before me and Bret head out to Mesa for the weekend. The only underwear I have left are the ones that don't fit very good.

And I guess I owe all of you a preggy picture.

Awe......
14 weeks.
It's cute until you see my face, which is un-make-up-ed (hello, people, it's just after 5 am!) and chubbied.

Heard a good, strong heartbeat yesterday. Always a good feeling.
Everything's ok so far, aside from my problems with asthma and migraines.
We won't know if the baby is 100% okay until after the next ultrasound and a fetal EKG.
NOT looking forward to that one but ready to know for sure.

Excited to find out if our baby is going to be Beetle or Butterfly though. :) (No, those aren't the real names we've got picked out.)

To be honest, I'm still terrified. I'm so, so grateful for this new little one who has already helped to heal my broken heart. It's just... hard.


***And I had to come back and add this: (not in my original post) After finishing my blog post, I went cruising Pinterest and I felt a tiny pop in my belly that I KNOW wasn't gas. Not the first time I've felt the baby move, but still, I had to share it.***

15 comments:

heather said...

I am so happy for you and I love that teeny tiny baby bump! The best part of pregnancy for me was feeling those flips and flops and kicks. Are you going to tell us what you're having when you know?

Unknown said...

God I ask that be with Ames and Bret in a special way as they go through the coming months. calm their fears and and bless them with your peace that passes all understanding. Protect their unborn child and keep him or her safe and healthy. cultivated their hopes and increase their joy. by the power of the holy spirit in the name of the son to the glory of the father amen

Heather said...

Cute baby bump! I am sorry you are feeling so rotten with the migraines and asthma. I hope they subside soon or at the very least you find what triggers them. good luck with the fetal testing!

Shannon Baker said...

So excited for you!

Leenie said...

I sure know how those blogging at 5 am goes. ;)

Your baby bump is so cute. And good luck the next test. Will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

What a cute baby bump! My asthma was not bad at all until I was pregnant with my second. After that it was crazy bad, and took almost 3 yrs to find the right medication and doctor to get it back under control. Definitely not fun, I feel for ya!

I hope you are able to feel peace while you carry this little one... the thought of getting pregnant still fills me with anxiety. I am happy for you and the healing that this precious little one has already given you!

Alesha said...

Oh I feel like I am nervous for you. Only because I imagine how that will feel EVERY day...even though I don't know if I ever will...blah blah. Your belly is cute, makes me want one! :)

A. B. said...

You look wonderful! I am keeping you and your newest little one in my prayers. I echo everything that your friend Gloria prayed and I also pray for peace and protection for all of you as she did.

Darci Cole said...

Yay for baby bumping!!! Love you!

What I Did Today said...

Love the picture - so so so adorable. Will keep you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I love the mornings! It's a good feeling to get things done when the rest of the world is still fast asleep :)

Yay for health and strength! Praying that it only gets better from here on in :).

Unknown said...

Yippee! I haven't been following closely any blogs lately. So this is the first I have heard! I am so excited for you. You are all in our prayers. A wonderful time to rejoice. Take care.

Carrie said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh yea!! You look awesome!! I can't tell you how very excited I am for you!
Sorry about all the preggy pains. Ick. Let me know if you need me to send you some chocolate.
Cause I will. Seriously.